Posted: July 13, 2021
July 2021 Maine Bar Examination Standard Testing Schedule
Posted: July 1, 2021
All applicants for the upcoming July 2021 Maine Bar Examination must adhere to the following deadlines:
• June 25, 2021 – Deadline for all applicants to sign the Acknowledgment of Required Testing Conditions Form and submit to Executive Director by email.
• June 25, 2021 – Deadline for Courtesy Seat Applicants to email the signed and notarized Courtesy Seat Form to Executive Director by email.
• June 25, 2021 by 5:00 PM – Deadline for applicants to notify Executive Director by email if applicant does not have secured internet and needs assistance with securing a testing location for the July 2021 exam.
• July 1, 2021 by 5:00 PM EST– Deadline to register with ExamSoft.
• July 9, 2021 – Deadline for all Testing Accommodation Applicants to submit signed Decision Letter to Executive Director by email.
• July 14, 2021 – Administrative deadline for the Board to receive all school certifications and official transcripts (the original certifications must be received by mail and can be sent to our street address (listed in my signature block) with FedEx or UPS tracking; official transcripts can be received by email through a secured site provided by the school or a third party vendor)
• July 20, 2021 – July 22, 2021 EST – Time Period to Download Exam Files from ExamSoft.
• July 22, 2021 by 5:00 PM EST – Deadline for applicants to provide photographs of their testing area and computer setup* to Executive Director by email(*unless other dates have been provided).
Posted: April 26, 2021
The July 2021 Maine Bar Examination will be administered remotely. Please click here for the Court Order.
Posted: March 22, 2021
The Maine Board of Bar Examiners will accept applications for the upcoming July 2021 Maine Bar Examination from March 15, 2021 through May 20, 2021. Please note that our office is currently working remotely due to the pandemic and will only accept applications at this time by mail service at the following address:
Maine Board of Bar Examiners
PO Box 140
Augusta, ME 04332-0140
If you have any questions, please contact our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with Maine Bar Admissions Rule 10(c)(3), the Maine Board of Bar Examiners, at its January 2020 Board meeting, set the passing scaled score for future bar examinations at 270. This new passing score will be effective starting with the February 2020 Bar Examination. This change is prospective only.
Maine will accept concurrent applications from examinees sitting for the UBE in another jurisdiction. Applicants must still apply as if taking the Maine bar exam, but do not have to sit in Maine if sitting for an exam in another UBE jurisdiction (for the same exam administration). In order to apply concurrently with another UBE jurisdiction, please go to https://mainebarexaminers.org/exam-forms/exam-application-forms/and complete a Bar Exam application.