CONCURRENT EXAM APPLICATIONS
Maine will accept concurrent applications from examinees sitting for the UBE in another jurisdiction. Applicants must still apply as if taking the Maine bar exam, but do not have to sit in Maine if sitting for an exam in another UBE jurisdiction (for the same exam administration). In order to apply concurrently with another UBE jurisdiction, please complete a Bar Exam application, below.
A. PRELIMINARY QUESTIONS
- If you are a graduate of the Massachusetts School of Law, click here first.
- If you are a graduate of a law school located outside of the United States, click here first.
- If you are requesting Testing Accommodations for the Maine bar examination, click here first.
B. REQUIRED MATERIALS
Before completing any application you must first read:
- The Maine Bar Admission Rules; and
- The Application Procedures. **This form is being updated for our new applicant portal and will be made available prior to October 15, 2022.*
C. THE APPLICATION FORMS
After reading the Maine Bar Admission Rules and The Application Procedures for the Maine Bar Examination, click on the appropriate option below for access to the appropriate application materials:
Posted: September 23, 2022
*ALL APPLICANTS APPLYING FOR THE FEBRUARY 2023 EXAM MUST APPLY ONLINE THROUGH AN APPLICANT PORTAL WHICH WILL BE AVAILABLE BY OCTOBER 15, 2022. SAMPLE APPLICATIONS ARE LINKED BELOW FOR YOUR REFERENCE AND PREPARATION ONLY.*
- Application for Applicants Not Admitted in Another Jurisdiction for One Year or More.
- NCBE Application for Applicants Admitted in Another Jurisdiction for One Year or More.
- Maine Supplemental Application for Applicants Admitted in Another Jurisdiction for One Year or More.
- Re-Application for Examination. **Unavailable for the February 2023 exam**
- Courtesy Seat Application for Examination.
- School Certificate Form.
- Reference Questionnaire.
- Testing Accommodations Application. *Testing Accommodations Applications must be submitted by mail and are due no later than 5pm on December 20, 2022 for the February 2023 exam*